Torrington Parks and Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Sledding Hill Rules
Sledding at Major Besse Field (West Torrington) Rules and Regulations
- Sledding Hours (weather permitting) – Day Time Only – No Lights.
- Sledding is permitted only when the “Sledding Hill Open” sign is displayed.
- Use of the sledding hill is AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Users assume full responsibility for determining if conditions are safe for sliding.
- Sledding is a hazardous activity and permits substantial risk.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for children.
- Helmets are recommended.
- Walk up the hill on the far left or right side. Do not walk up the middle of the hill.
- Use equipment properly.
- Certain equipment may not be permitted at the discretion of the parks staff.
- Sled only in designated areas.
- Please consider others when sledding. Sled under control at all times.
- Avoid sledding over snow bumps or anything that may cause the sled to go airborne.
- All trash must be placed in designated containers.