Skip to content
Torrington Parks and Recreation Department
How to Register
For the best browsing experience, please upgrade to
IE 9 or greater
Skip to nav
1. Registration and payment for trips and leagues must be made in person at the Torrington Parks and Recreation Office, located inside the Armory at 153 South Main Street.
2. Registration for all programs, lessons etc. may be made either in person or be mailed to the Torrington Parks and Recreation Department, 153 South Main Street, Torrington, CT 06790. Mail-in registrations MUST be postmarked one week prior to the starting time of any program.
3. Please observe any deadlines indicated. ABSOLUTELY NO LATE REGISTRATIONS ARE ACCEPTED - THEY WILL BE RETURNED. Registrations are accepted on first come, first served basis.
4. Torrington residents are given first priority to register for all programs. Non-residents may register for programs on an availability basis one week prior to the start of the program. This does not apply to adult sports leagues, lessons and trips.
5. When enrollment is insufficient, classes and/or leagues may be cancelled and/or combined. All programs in the brochure are subject to change.
6. If the program you wish to register for is full, you will be placed on a waiting list and will be notified immediately in the event that there is an opening in that program.
7. If a program is cancelled by Torrington Parks and Recreation, a full refund or credit will be given.
8. Requests made two weeks or more prior to the start of any program will be refunded. After this point, absolutely NO refunds or credits will be given unless there are medical reasons, accompanied by a written physician’s note.
9. Up until two weeks before the date of a trip, one may request a full refund or credit only if the program’s minimum participant requirement is still met. Otherwise, there will be no refunds on trips. If a trip is cancelled by Torrington Parks and Recreation, a full refund or credit will be given.
10.To receive a refund, a written request must be submitted. Refunds take approximately 2 weeks to process.
11. Cash or Checks are accepted for all registrations mailed in or dropped off at the Parks and Recreation Department. Participants may also register and pay with a credit card through our online system on our website www.torringtonct.org. An additional fee is assessed for all credit card transactions.
12. If a payment made by check is returned for insufficient funds, the person making payment must pay the program fee, plus a $20.00 processing fee in cash or money order prior to being able to participate in the program.
Inclusion Statement: The City of Torrington is committed to assuring equal access to programs, activities, and services to all individuals. The City will comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Provisions for reasonable program modifications will be made on an individual basis to allow people with disabilities to participate programs, activity, and services provided by the City. Please contact the Parks and Recreation Department for more information at (860) 489-2274.
Return to Previous List